Bristol or Nottingham or Swansea
Are you seeking an exciting new opportunity with one of the UK's lead Government agencies?
I'm looking for a Solutions Architect to be part of a Strategy and Architecture team for one of our high profile clients as they undertake a period of significant transformation, moving away from big legacy contracts to the in-sourcing of services and focussing on redeveloping key systems and moving closer to the Cloud. This provides a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to contribute to the public good, through helping to shape the way forward and deliver transformation with the ultimate goal of improving road safety for all.
As part of the Strategy and Architecture team, you will be part of a small core team of specialists with a wealth of knowledge and expertise and culture of mutual respect. The team is responsible for driving the technology and digital strategy forward, and works across the business providing trusted advice and support ranging from troubleshooting on a specific issue, to setting, communicating, and ensuring the adoption of high level principles and policies.
As the Solution Architect you will work with the Senior Solutions Architect to create and maintain the as-is, transition and to-be solutions architectures, which meet the needs of the client's business whilst delivering value for money, maximizing additional value from the Agency's data, and enabling smarter and targeted enforcement.
I am looking for a Solutions Architect that will be responsible for:
- Defining technical strategies, policies and standards in conjunction with the Security Architect, Infrastructure Architect, and Data Architects.
- Providing advice on technical aspects of systems development and integration and ensuring that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Identifying when bespoke solutions are required and when COTS products are available selects which will be used.
- Demonstrable experience working in Solutions Architecture, Senior Developer, Senior Analyst or Junior Architect type roles.
- Experience of code development and/or design in an enterprise class language e.g. Java or a variant of .net.
- Experience of working with Service Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and DBAs on complex problem solving and solutions development.
- Producing high quality written and visual material to communicate complex concepts, ideas and designs to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, team members and stakeholders at all levels, in order to achieve successful outcomes for the business.
Please do not hesitate to apply with a copy of your CV.