Supportability Engineer (ILS)
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) - Supportability Engineer :
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage is currently looking to recruit a Integrated Logistics Support - Supportability Engineer.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). Hourly rate - £35.15ph
You do not need to hold current SC Security Clearance; however you must be eligible to be cleared to this level.
Integrated Logistics Support - Supportability Engineer Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen for an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS)/Supportability Engineer to join the ILS Team to apply their skills on a wide range of dynamic, fast-moving projects. This role would suit an ILS Engineer, Supportability Engineer or Logistics Engineer with experience working in either the Defence or Commercial environment.
To perform Supportability Engineering tasks in support of business winning and/or contracted work packages. Typical tasks relate to the progression of “Design for Support” objectives, the development of the system support solutions, the identification of logistic support resource requirements, the generation of support deliverables, and the validation and verification of supportability and supportability-related requirements.
As a Supportability Engineer within the ILS team you will:
• Manage small to medium sized ILS work packages on behalf of the Project ILS manager.
• Define support requirements for the product and influence the product design to enhance supportability through life.
• Progressively validate, verify and report design compliance with the support requirements.
• Identify the support needs through application of Support Analysis addressing: whole life cost, level of repair, maintenance tasks, reliability centred maintenance, logistics information, tools and test equipment etc.
• Develop and communicate the product support strategy and associated plans.
• Scope the range and scale of resources, (manpower, skills, information and equipment) required to support the product through life.
• Ensure that the necessary support resources are available to deliver support at entry into service.
• Attend internal and Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews.
• Work across other engineering and business disciplines to optimise product supportability and the associated system support solution.
• Where applicable, work with international colleagues to progress project supportability requirements.
Skills / Experience:
• Be qualified to degree standard or have equivalent experience in an engineering discipline.
• Have demonstrable experience of solving challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
• Have demonstrable experience in the application of Supportability Engineering tasks and techniques.
• Demonstrate an understanding of UK and international standards, and guidance, relating to ILS activities.
• Working knowledge of UK and international ILS standards and guidance documents. Experienced in performance of supportability analysis and support solution development. Ability to progress assigned ILS work packages within a team environment. Track record in development of ILS plans and deliverables. Demonstrates a customer & results orientation.