We are looking to recruit a Buyer to work on an exciting new role for a FTSE100 engineering business based in Bristol- BS3
The role is to provide operational procurement support to the procurement team within the organisation's defence security division, to improve overall supplier performance and support to internal customers. This will involve the purchasing of parts, materials and services used on engineering & equipment support projects with the MoD.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly KPI reports and provide management information as requested.
- Progressing electronic and manual purchase requisitions & placing purchase orders
- Pro-active order book management to increase supplier performance
- Creating root cause analysis / trending data to improve supplier delivery performance
- Working closely with suppliers and stores to ensure timely resolution to quality issues and working with the quality department
- Supporting sourcing activity for future bids through creation of RFI / RFP's
- Create daily management information for stakeholders
- Day-to-day point of contact for the operations teams
- Site visits across the Marine Business Unit and to key suppliers, as required, to support operations
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- IT Literate and good keyboard skills.
- Good understanding of Procurement & Supply Chain processes
- 1-2 years experience in a purchasing/procurement role
- Willingness to work towards MCIPS qualification or equivalent
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Good influencing skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Attention to detail
- Can demonstrate initiative
- Proficient use of spreadsheets (Excel) and understanding of databases and ERP systems
- Able to secure MOD clearance to SC level
What's on offer?
- Starting salary £28,000 p/a
- Contributory pension scheme & a host of flexible benefits, including flexible working hours
- Career development opportunities with a FTSE100 organisation with a yearly turnover of over £4billion
- Full time permanent position Monday - Friday
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next role please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179 309734 for more information.