Facilities Supervisor - Clerk of Works - FTSE100 global organisation - 28-31k
Experis are recruiting on behalf of our Client for a confident and experienced Facilities Supervisor or Clerk of Works to work for a FTSE 100 global organisation. The business is going through a massive period of growth and the key to the role will be to control, co-ordinate and monitor construction and maintenance work carried out onsite.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows -
- To control, co-ordinate and monitor construction and maintenance work carried out on any site to which the post holder has been allocated.
- To prepare and issue work instruction to contractors.
- To inspect and monitor work in progress against contract specifications, drawings and work schedules, to maintain standards of quality and workmanship.
- To foster an open and honest relationship with contractors to ensure problems arising prior to and during execution of works are discovered early and take appropriate action to effect timely completion to company standards and relevant legislations.
- To attend regular progress meetings with contractors and other relevant stakeholders.
- To maintain records of work issued, its progress and completion.
- To confirm work on completion as being to specification and of acceptable standards of quality.
- To liaise with building controllers and occupiers to arrange access and to minimise disruption to users of facilities where work is taking place and other neighbourhood workers.
- To detail and report damage and losses for the purpose of possible subsequent insurance claims.
- To brief contractors on local practices and ensuring Permits to Work and other required controls are utilised correctly.
- To ensure that Company Health and Safety policy is observed
- Raise Completion Certificates for work
- Raise Site Clearance Certificates
- Undertake survey work on site wide facilities
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience -
- A sound working knowledge of Project Risk Analysis and Management techniques
- Competent in verbal and written communication
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experienced in company finance & procurement systems
- An excellent understanding of project management systems, processes and phases
- Understanding of CDM regulations
If you feel that you can demonstrate the necessary experience as detailed above and would like to work for an established FTSE 100 organisation then I would like to hear from you.
Please apply on line or send your CV to Simon James on