Application Performance Management Consultant
Join a growing UK-based IT consultancy that offers networked Application Performance Monitoring services to the defence sector.
Core job description:
The candidate will provide networked application performance analysis, configure dashboard views and help troubleshoot issues with 3rd party applications. The role also involves helping to deploy & configure monitoring software on a project basis.
The candidate will be required to undertake or assist with the following:
- Undertake application performance analysis across a global, regularly changing estate.
- Configure dashboard views of network characteristics, application performance & usage for the customer.
- Explaining findings to stakeholders at both technical & management level.
- Troubleshoot network, application performance and failure issues.
- Produce short reports on application analysis.
- Help build & configure monitoring software for deployment.
- Develop an understanding of 3rd party networks which host applications.
- Assist in populating data for network modelling & capacity planning tools.
- Manage workload through a Remedy service desk.
- Assist the customer with defining & developing usage of IT systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
The candidate should have several years of IT experience and will also need to undergo security clearance vetting for defence-based projects.
A broad background in networking and some experience of APM & technologies is useful, including some of the following:
- Cisco networking & configuration
- Routing protocols
- Military communications networks
- TCP/IP addressing & fundamentals
- OSI model
- Riverbed AppResponse performance monitoring
- Network packet sniffers (e.g. Wireshark, Observer, Fluke)
- SNMP monitoring tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Nagios)
- NetFlow monitoring tools (e.g. Riverbed Cascade)
- Windows/Linux operating systems
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
Skills & Abilities:
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Good written communication skills
- Self-motivated & able to complete goals with minimal supervision
- Flexible – able to cope with unexpected workload that may require travel at relatively short notice
- Good learner – able to quickly adapt to using new software & systems & research issues encountered