DV Cleared 2nd Line Application Support
What you will be doing
This exciting new role of Second Line Application Lead will involve establishing and leading of a team of eight Second Line engineers to support a number of new and complex applications for a London-based client. This support includes performing the following standard ITIL processes in line with agreed Service Levels:
- Service Level Management;
- Incident Management;
- Problem Management;
- Change Management;
- Service Continuity Management;
- Routine IT Operations;
- Configuration Management;
- Security Management;
- Release and Deployment Management;
- Request Fulfilment;
- Performance and Capacity Management;
- Continual Service Improvement.
Alongside the role of Second Line Application Lead, this role includes being the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one of the new bespoke applications being introduced. This will include establishing a deep understanding of the application, including its architecture, build, integration.
The Second Line Support Team will be responsible for ensuring the stability, performance and availability of the agreed applications to the client thereby enabling the value of the service to be realised.
Close co-ordination with internal stakeholders such as the Third Line Lead, focussing on complex problem management and software change, will be required to ensure a seamless delivery. In addition, operating in a customer facing role and regularly meeting with senior users and senior service stakeholders to ensure business value and benefit.
Skills and experience required
- Experience in managing a team of resources to support applications using the ITIL v3 Service Management Framework to an external client;
- Excellent communication, co-ordination and leadership skills;
- Has a good understanding of technologies and equipment that facilitate support engineering methods;
- Able to grasp business context how service operates and influence business adoption;
- Produce innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Responsible for developing and implementing approaches;
- Provides supervision within areas of particular expertise;
- Provides advice on support regimes to wider project team and influences the support model for new services;
- Certified SharePoint Administrator;
- Scripting experience (e.g. BASH, PowerShell etc);
- REST Services;
Skills and experience desirable
- Previous experience of supporting enterprise level complex applications;
- Strong Microsoft Office (inc Visio) experience;
- Foundation, Intermediate or Advanced ITIL Certification;
- Experience using Service Management tools such as SCCD, Remedy or ServiceNow;
- Atlassian Jira;
- Microsoft IIS;
- Active Directory;
- Microsoft SQL;
- Windows and RHEL Operating Systems.