Software Safety Engineer - Malvern
To Provide Software And CEH Safety Advice And Assurance To Customers, Including (Review, audit and assessment of suppliers software / CEH plans, processes and evidence against contractual standards.
- Attendance at meetings as directed, such as Design Reviews, and Safety Committee Meetings.
- Production of, or input to, reports for the customer detailing findings and recommended ways forward
Experience and Qualifications
- The candidate must have System and Software Engineering experience covering all aspects of the procurement cycle.
- Knowledge of the MoD procurement process is also required.
- A good understanding of current software and CEH safety standards, such as DO178B/C, DO 254 is required. .
- Experience in undertaking audits, assessments and reviews is also necessary
- Having to work to very tight deadlines sometimes. Extensive travel both within UK and abroad
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent, preferably in software or systems engineering
- Knowledge of software and CEH aspects contained in Def Stan 00-970
- Knowledge of the qualification of software in the aviation sphere. Experience of the application of good coding standards to Ada, C and C++
Location and Clearance
The position is based in Malvern and requires the successful candidate to have SC Clearance.
For more information about the role please contact Mark Maxwell on 01619243659.