Senior SOC Analyst
Role: Senior SOC Analyst
Clearance: SC / DV ideal, MUST be eligible
Our client is looking for Senior SOC Analysts to join their 24x7 Security Operations Centre in Bristol. You will be responsible for analysing network, application and system log events in order to identify any potentially abnormal system behaviours and raise them as incidents for investigation. These will then be investigated to establish if these are expected events or a security threat whereby they will be escalated to appropriate customer or technical resources for remedial action.
The rest of the team have a real passion for Cyber Security. As a Senior SOC Analyst, you will be expected to hit the ground running on arrival. Amongst other duties, you will be expected to mentor and train passionate Junior Analysts. You will have at least 2 years of SOC experience, along with industry certifications as well. Outside of work you might have a lab environment set up at home, frequently attend events such as InfoSec, BSides and 44CON and make an active effort to be a part of the industry you are in.
This is a great opportunity for a SOC Analyst who is looking for their next opportunity to be a Senior member of a team, contribute significantly to the operations of the SOC and have a passion to mentor Junior members of a team.
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of client networks
- Write technical articles for internal knowledge base
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
- Coordinate or participate in individual or team projects
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Mentoring / coaching Junior Analysts
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Industry Leading Qualifications such as:
- SANS GIAC GCIA
- SANS GIAC GCIH
- This is not essential, as very capable analysts with lots of SOC experience who perhaps don’t hold qualifications will still be considered
- Comfortable with monitoring, tuning, configuring and rule writing on SIEM tools (ArcSight and LogRhythm preferable, though equivalent products will suffice)
- Very capable with IDS/IPS Systems, ie tuning and rule writing (FireEye/Snort)
- Extremely competent with network monitoring and packet analysis tools (WireShark/NMap)
- Already holding or eligible and prepared to undergo UK Security Clearance
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware
- Knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and technologies, as is knowledge of computer systems hardware and software, entity relationship models, design, protocols, attack vectors and methodologies
- An understanding of Information Security; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information
- Significant experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, IP Routing
- Significant experience with ISO27001 standards and ITIL framework
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL
- Software engineering, programming or scripting knowledge. Java, .Net
- Experience of mentoring or coaching members of a team
- A degree in IT, Security or a related science subject an advantage, but as previously mentioned, hands-on technical ability much more important.
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Digital Forensics jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in Bristol (City Centre)