Bid Programme Director
Bid Programme Director
£90,000 to £100,000 per annum
Car + 40% discretionary bonus
25 Days Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Based at Portsmouth
Travel across the UK and occasionally Overseas required
I am recruiting an experienced Bid Programme Director to work for a FTSE 100 company which is one of the UK's leading critical services support organisation.
The successful director will be responsible for leading multiple, varied and major bid opportunities and converting them into contract award in line with the division's strategy and corporate governance practices.
This includes: developing bid strategy, the value proposition and the overall solution, establishing and leading the bid team, managing internal and external customer relationships and effective handover to the transition team to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs.
- Continually improve the business, taking the initiative and providing leadership to deliver improved services at lower cost.
- Seek opportunities to grow the scope of the services delivered in order to improve Company financial performance and value for money to the Customer.
- Ensure that they, and their staff, work in an effective collaborative manner with the Customer's staff, displaying the appropriate behaviours at all times.
- Project manage all bid resources, including financial management of the bid budget.
- Produce compliant and compelling bids that support the business delivering its strategy.
- Create and maintain a risk register for every bid in line with Company processes; understand competitor tactics and behaviour to shape the proposal and mitigate risks.
- Develop the strategic, technical, commercial and financial solution as the bid progresses.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships and ensure clear articulation of bid solution and value proposition.
- Work closely with the business development function to understand the opportunity pipeline and to help ensure all bids are properly qualified.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Significant major bid experience. Preferably within the Government Sector.
- Extensive broad base Senior Management experience of working with public or private commercial organisations.
- Sound understanding of partnering between governments and private industry.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to motivate and lead multi-functional teams.
- Early identification of business and corporate risks.
- Strong financial and commercial awareness.
- Thinks strategically
- Builds strategic partnerships
- Cultural and global acumen
- Delegates and empowers
- Drives innovation and change
- A high degree of flexibility; there may be a requirement for regular travel between sites within the UK and overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading support services organisation and progress your career in an interesting environment in a varied and empowering role. If you are interested, please either apply online or contact Beshley Isaacs on 0117 9309 723 or .
Apply for Bid Programme Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly