Installation Technician (Lab) - DV Cleared
The Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech) is a role responsible for providing electrical installation, mechanical installation and simple fabrication activities within UK and overseas locations to specified standards, whilst ensuring quality and delivery on time and within budget.
Installation Technician (Lab) - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £27,000 - £30,500 per annum
- Activities to include but are not limited to:
- Basic sheet metal work for simple fabrication e.g. guillotine operations, folding/bending, drilling and punching holes, fitting rivet nuts, tapping and die cut screw threads.
- Cabling - manufacture of CAT 5/6 cables, RF cables, fibre optic terminations and labelling.
- PAT testing.
- Machining of simple components such as spacers/pillars.
- Wiring and assembly of electrical components.
- Equipment rack builds.
- Work from electrical/electronic prototypes or drawings.
- Use of Asset Manager and Service Manager.
- Assist with keeping the lab tidy, H&S audits, asset audits and configuration audits.
- Build and support IDS and CCTV generic solutions.
- Ensuring that all systems are installed to engineering standards, as dictated by professional bodies, ensuring best practice is employed in all installation activities.
- Ensuring that all activities undertaken are in compliance with QMS processes and standards.
- Ensuring safe and cost effective use of workshop machines, hand tools and facilities.
- Ensuring they work in a safe and efficient manner at all times to produce quality assured products.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensuring appropriate communication is maintained with all stakeholders to create and maintain strong, lasting relationships with customers, suppliers, Service sponsors and Company stakeholders.
- Enhance our client's reputation by ensuring that all your assigned tasks are delivered in a professional manner and meet or exceed expectations.
- Responsible, when required, for the completion of all documentation relevant to any task undertaken.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Must possess an adequate knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities.
- Must possess or be willing to gain a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
- Must possess (or be willing to gain) an adequate knowledge of Construction (Design and Management) 2015 regulations.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess a full UK Driving Licence.
Specific Mechanical Qualifications and Skills:
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or time served indentured mechanical apprenticeship.
- Relevant, practical experience in a related environment.
- Experience of sheet metal fabrication.
Specific Electrical Qualifications and Skills:
- Time served electrical apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installations.
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- City & Guilds 2392 level 3 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Working knowledge of electrical installations (Basic record of proven ability in related work).
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Working knowledge of the Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition).
- IET 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations Incorporating Amendment No3 2015.
Specific Data Qualifications and Skills:
- City and Guilds 3466 (structured cabling installation and testing).
- Fibre optic installation, splicing and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Cat 5 / 5e installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Cat 6 installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Familiar with the build and configuration of communications rack builds.
- City and Guilds 3667-02 (Multimode or Single mode).
- Basic record of proven ability in the termination of all types of data cabling.
The Lab Tech:
- Work Core Hours as specified by the within the ESS contract.
- Work extended hours both abroad and in the UK when necessary.
- Travel abroad and in the UK when necessary.
- Undertake any duties over and above those listed, within reason, as directed by the Engineering Support Manager.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Installation Technician (Lab)
Salary: £27,000 - £30,500 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance