Linux System Administrator (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take)
Linux System Administrator (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take) – Liverpool, Merseyside - £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits – Permanent
**** Sponsorship is Offered ****
Linux System Administrator, Linux, System Administrator, Linux Administrator, PaaS, IaaS, Red Hat, Red Hat 6,
A Global systems integrator requires a Linux System Administrator to be based in– Liverpool, Merseyside to start ASAP.
- The Linux administrator’s role incorporates the support and maintenance of the virtual and physical Linux Operating platform and supporting services that are delivered out of the local delivery centers and respective, secure and commercial (hosted) cloud environments, either as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
- Install and administer the Linux platform (where necessary and using the associated hosting provider tools)
- Work in the collaboration with the associated hosting provider support teams to facilitate the delivery of new requirements or changes to the deployed platform
- Ensuring backups and restores are successful either in collaboration with the associated hosting provider or through local capability at the delivery centers
- Provide technical support across our client’s IT Infrastructure including monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Carry out regular checks on the status of servers from a hardware and software standpoint.
- Coordinates problem analysis of software and hardware problems with the hosting provider finding the quickest resolution of server, software and storage related problems
- Able to work cross-platform where interaction with other services deployed to the Linux platform are integrated
- Work with the service management teams to produce the any required system availability, capacity or performance reports
- Regular maintenance of servers, and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades, patches, and where necessary or required hardware upgrades.
- After hours on-call escalation and support.
- Ability to identify possible points of vulnerability or concern and present for consideration to the client and governance teams for methods of remediation
- Maintain the integrity of critical systems, applications, and data by ensuring compliance to IT security procedures and standards, and by proposing and implementing appropriate controls.
- Performs daily health check and maintains desired level of success rate for the various server jobs.
- Periodically reviews the system policies and procedures to ensure application compatibility and maintain accurate documentation.
- Experience of administration/management/maintenance/monitoring/troubleshooting of Linux environments
- Experience of managing Linux environments, with specific experience in Red Hat 6.x or above
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and researches new product capabilities.
- Familiar with cloud hosting of infrastructure services
- Hold a current Red Hat Engineer certification or other Red Hat certificate would be desirable
- Works to high quality standards
- Experience of working in small dynamic teams
- Excellent understanding across general infrastructure including networking, Servers, virtualisation etc.
- Possess the ability to work in shift patterns (envisaged weekly rotation of 0700-1530 & 1330-2200), on-call and be willing to work out of hours where required.
- Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take
£35,000 - £40,000 (depending upon level of skill and experience) + Benefits
All applications are welcomed by Enterprise Solutions Partnership Ltd from all relevant qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.