Planner - Security Cleared
PMO Programme Planner - Contract - Gloucestershire - Excellent Rates!
The PMO Programme Planner will operate across the Programme level, and will be responsible for maintaining the schedule on behalf of the schedule owner. The Programme Planner will also provide quality assurance across the Portfolio, Programmes and Projects against the agreed corporate standards and Planning Policy. The Programme Planner will also provide training to the Project Management community when called upon and be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve the service as a whole.
- Creating and maintaining Portfolio and Programme schedule build logic
- Making and maintaining dependencies across the Portfolio and Programmes
- Tracking review and approval of management products relevant to the schedules
- Supporting the schedule update process
- Schedule analysis and assurance activities
- Build and maintain Programme Portfolio data within the latest version of Primavera, keeping up to date on latest functionality
- Prepare and lead Programme level meetings, checkpoints and reports
- 'What-if' analysis of Programme schedules (Impact of RFC's and exceptions)
- PID v Programme schedule analysis
- Leading/facilitating planning workshops and training sessions with Plan Managers and Project Control Officers
- Be proactive in identifying and progressing opportunities to add value to Programme decision making, and to the value of the Planning service a whole
- Develop an understanding of Agile team management tools and support the aggregation of data into Programme plans
- Use an understanding of the aspects of both 'traditional' and Agile projects to advise on the most appropriate planning practices
- Support resource utilisation and planning analysis where appropriate
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of planning in an enterprise environment
- Ideally have completed formal Primavera training to an advanced level
- Have a good working knowledge of Primavera Enterprise
- Maintain a mature understanding and working knowledge of the latest trends in planning practices
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Access
- Ability to develop effective communication channels with key stakeholders
- Work as part of a team, sharing ideas and aiming for a consistent delivery approach across the service
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing areas of poor practices across the portfolio
- Be able to deliver effective formal training and coaching sessions to aid adoption and maturity of planning practices
- Ideally have a good understand of Agile planning Principles and methods, backed by relevant experience
- Have a mature understanding (foundation level or more) of one or more project and programme management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and MSP
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.