Integration and Test Engineer - DV Cleared
Integration and Test Engineer - DV Cleared - Contract - Gloucestershire - Great Rates!
This role offers a highly skilled and motivated System Integration & Test Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Cyber solutions division in Gloucestershire.
An experienced integration and/or software testing professional, well versed in defining and applying a range of testing techniques to a variety of systems in a range of contexts. They have worked on business critical systems and are comfortable working under their own motivation.
- Candidate should have experience in end-to-end systems integration, deep product testing, or both. Experience should not be limited to software-only systems and can be expected to apply test techniques to hardware and software integrated systems
- The candidate must be comfortable working in multiple environments with a collaborative team, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders including other test professionals, software engineers, systems engineers, project manager and customers
- Candidate will be expected to define and execute test activities either independently or under direction of more senior test professionals
- The candidate can be expected to develop test plans and procedures for both black- and white-box testing of all components at the unit, module, system and integration levels, performing risk analysis when required
- Candidate should be able to run investigations into root-cause analysis of failures, hardware or software, using the appropriate tools and recommend solutions to the relevant teams for resolution
- The candidate will define and manage defect tracking and correction procedures, monitoring and updating defect reports as needed
- They will write test programs to assess software quality, and develop test tools to increase test effectiveness
- Candidate should be able to identify areas of opportunity for Test Automation and convert manual testing into automated frameworks as required
- Solid technical testing experience within the component and system integration testing phases of projects
- Ability to interact with customers and end users
- Experience of system testing methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of the importance of software version control
- Experience of working in fast paced Agile, waterfall and V-model SDLC methodologies
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of software and systems integration engineering principles
- Proven and successful track record in the Integration, Verification, Validation and Testing of systems with complex system interactions
- Experience of Integration and testing of IT HW & SW
- Development and planning of test environments; interface test equipment, data recording
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a Linux environment
- Experience in virtualisation technologies
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux.
- Test specification, script and report development
- Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience in a similar testing and integration role would be advantageous
- Experience in both MS Windows and Linux operating system administration including networks, domains, user access would be advantageous
- Knowledge and use of database technologies including Oracle and MS SQL Server would be advantageous
- Experience of delivering complex performance testing on projects
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Proven tracking record of building and maintaining Automation testing frameworks from scratch with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience of operating in technically complex IT development environments
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of scripting languages, e.g.: Python, Perl
- Experience of L2 & L3 switching configurations
- Linux system administration skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.