PowerShell Automation DSC (Desired State Configuration) Engineer
Job Description: AUTOMATION ENGINEER (POWERSHELL DSC)
We are looking for a PowerShell Automation and Build Engineer who has expertise in PowerShell and specifically PowerShell DSC (Desired State Configuration) Scripting in a Microsoft Stack, .NET environment for creating automated builds.
Candidate will be responsible for designing, automating and building environments in the first instance, with later focus on Continuous Delivery following the initial builds. The Automation Engineer will work closely with all technology teams to ensure a robust end to end build process.
- Expert level scripting skills using PowerShell and PowerShell DSC is required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience managing, maintaining and administering source control with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Git
- Required experience developing and supporting a Microsoft Stack environment including C#, Windows, IIS, .NET, PowerShell, Scripting, etc…
- Expertise with XAML Build Definitions and writing automation scripts
- Development experience using .NET, C# and PowerShell
- Knowledge of writing custom TFS activities
- Experience automating deployments to many internal test environments, ensuring successful delivery, and providing notification statuses
- Proficient with Windows Server 2012 and associated roles and features
- Experience with documenting all areas of the build and release engineering processsAbility to provide technical leadership, anticipate problems, and resolve issue
- Ability to develop an excellent working relationship with all teams and communicate at a high level.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Experience with open-source configuration tools such as Puppet Software
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and branching/merging strategies