MBAM Systems Engineer
Job Title: MBAM Systems Engineer Rate: £450/day Location: London
Security clearance: Candidates must be willing to undergo CTC security clearance if not already cleared.
The role: The primary purpose of the MBAM System Engineer is to work within the Service Centre in either a support or revenue generating project role.
- The role would suit an Engineer with good MBAM experience with ability to assist in the design of, and develops basic integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services or fielding of successful products. Performs basic testing and integration, maintenance and escalated problem resolution.
- Someone who possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring Engineers experienced in implementing, administering, tuning and troubleshooting MBAM environments.
- Engineers should not only specialize in Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring up to version 2.5 but also be have experience in supporting technologies such as Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Active Directory Services including Group Policy, Internet Information Server, TCP/IP.
- Assists in the design of, and develops integrated solutions in accordance with, corporate standards and products.
- Provides basic technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Assists in the analysis and resolves basic program support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
Role & responsibilities
- Works on projects as assigned; assists in supporting the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Implements and documents processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Assists in the implementation of training tools and documentation.
- Provides basic technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Performs routine repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
Typical Outputs and Deliverables
- Basic analytical and creative problem solving skills for creation and testing of software systems
- Basic organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Basic communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Basic interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate hardware and software systems
- Implementation and management of Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring
- Experience of supporting a variety of Windows client and server operating systems
- Experience of advanced configuration of MBAM / Bitlocker and TPM including performance optimization and load balancing.
- Experience of installing and upgrading Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring Server and Client components
- Familiarity with related MBAM technologies, including Group Policy, SQL and IIS
- Knowledge of monitoring alerting, logging and status messages
- Able to Troubleshoot Bitlocker and TPM related issues
- Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DNS, IP routing, network address translation etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with Windows Server operating systems
Please apply with your CV or contact us for more information.
Resource Group are acting as an employment/agency business in relation to this vacancy.