Project Scheduler - EVM/MS Project
Project Scheduler - EVM/MS Project - Permanent - Lincolnshire - Up to £50,000
Work within the integrated project team providing Project Planning, Risk Management, and Earned Value/budget control support; including the creation and analysis of variance analysis data to support the programme in reporting and key decision making.
Main Duties of a Project Scheduler:
- Responsible for integrity of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) ensuring that all activities, events and milestones are logically linked and fully resourced with labour hours, materials and subcontract payments.
- Perform analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
- Maintain the IMS as required, and aligned to the fiscal calendar and provide an accurate Cost to Complete (EAC) for financial reporting.
- Support the Programme Manager with analysis of trend data and provision of metrics for review at Programme Review Boards.
- Ensure contractual and programme baseline control management is utilised to ensure the IMS maintain a true and realistic baseline.
- Support the Integrated Project Team on the use and analysis of EV data.
- To monitor the Programme Timesheet Bookings to ensure accurate cost collection.
- Support to the Programme Manager, CAMs and Programme Accountant to establish budget authorisations. Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates to Complete (ETCs).
- Support the development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS) to ensure effective cost and schedule reporting.
- To support Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of working in a Project / Programme Management / Control environment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Risk Management Processes.
- Experience of Microsoft Project EPM 2010, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams.
- Ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with our client's standard practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent although not essential with demonstrable relevant experience.
- Experience of working with complex systems engineering type programmes.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
- Currently holds SC clearance or the ability to gain the clearance
- This position will require a considerable amount of interaction with all levels of management, which will require strong interpersonal skills to assert best practice in an environment of competing priorities.
- Flexible approach to all tasks.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.