Lead Software Developer / Scrum Master - Java
Lead Software Engineer/Scrum Master (Java) - Permanent - Manchester - Great salary & benefits!
A fantastic opportunity to join our client who has a number of senior roles in their rapidly growing Software Development Team. Our client operates an Agile/Scrum methodology and the successful candidate will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies.
- To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Act as lead engineer for large scale programme
- High competency in use of software patterns.
- Demonstrable experience as a software architect
- Responsible for section/business area resource planning
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews
- Lead scrum\team meetings
- Responsible for personal development of team members
- Java application development
- C# based application development
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development
- Our client is looking for software engineers, with professional experience
- Experience of software development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage, but is not essential
- A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would also be useful
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.