DV Cleared Systems Integrator / Implementation Engineer
Systems Integrator / Implementation Engineer - Contract - West London - Excellent Rates!
The chosen engineer will perform activities in the component integration, system testing and customer acceptance phases of the system development lifecycle. Experience gained within a Government or military project background is an advantage. An understanding of the impact of Information Security on solutions across different classifications would be useful.
The successful candidate will support the integration and test of the new Defence Intelligence systems including COTS components, bespoke application code, supporting infrastructure and network components. They will have responsibility for the verification of an allocated component area, designing and then executing the integration plan and any related systems tests. The Systems Integration & Test Engineer will be familiar with building COTS infrastructure, networks and applications.
The role is within the site based Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Team. There will be significant customer and subcontractor exposure, through formal project meetings and work groups; candidates must be comfortable with collaborative working to develop an overall integration and test strategy.
- Implementing the detailed design by building Windows servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
- Researching and resolving system integration issues and other system defects.
- Integration of COTS and any bespoke software applications;
- Implementation of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, configuration of security software and writing System Operating Procedures.
- Locking down the system and generated Microsoft Group Policy Objects.
- Preparing and executing test and acceptance plans.
- Writes discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate; incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems.
- Requirements elicitation and decomposition with the team, customer and users.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.