Lead Software Engineer - Java Developer
Our client uses Agile to deliver, running multiple self-organising teams, creating software for desktop, web and mobile. Our client emphasise quality, with high standards for design, test automation and continuous delivery.
Lead Software Engineer - Java - Permanent - Somerset - £40,000 - 44,000 per annum
- The Lead Engineer works as part of an Agile software engineering team, leading the technical aspects of the team's work.
- The successful candidate will be hands-on coding in Java, while ensuring that designs are good and that our client's software is of the highest quality.
- Outside of that Scrum team, the successful candidate will work with other Lead Engineers, Architects and Product Owners to shape the future of software engineering for our client, including the adoption of new tools, frameworks and techniques.
- The successful candidate will also mentor more junior staff and be active in building our client's engineering community.
As well as having strong core Java skills the ideal candidate will have experience of some of the following:
- Automated system testing, distributed computing on Hadoop, geospatial technologies or data science.
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables from one or more software engineering teams (source code quality, automated testing, design quality, documentation etc.)
- Accountable for one or more development teams following standard processes (code reviews, unit testing, ALM processes, source code management etc.) and following our technology baseline.
- Hands on development in Java.
- Responsible for staying up to date with software engineering best practice and influencing future standard practices.
- An advanced understanding of Java
- Experience in providing technical leadership including the enforcement of quality practices.
- Broad knowledge of design principles and patterns, able to lead the design of systems or components
- A broad range of commercial experience, including crafting good quality code in Java.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Job Role: Lead Software Engineer - Java
Salary : £40,000 - 44,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Somerset
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Somerset
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Somerset
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Somerset
- Public Sector None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Somerset