Legal Counsel (EU Legislation/Telecommunications/English/Dutch)
Lead Legal Counsel (EU Legislation/Telecommunications/English/Dutch) is urgently required by our Global Telecommunications Company. This is a permanent opportunity, to be based in Brussels, Belgium.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- You will be responsible for supporting the our client by providing advice on a variety of matters as well as drafting and reviewing a wide range of commercial contracts
- Drafting official documents issued by the company
- Ensuring the legal compliance of the company's activities
- Monitoring and ensuring the compliance with the company's internal policy related to legal issues
- Dealing with corporate issues
- Maintaining the relationship with the official authorities and obtaining the necessary certificates
- Support HR Department with respect to labour law issues
- Providing overall legal support and consultancy to the other departments of the company
- Research around EU laws and regulations, directives etc., focusing on the antitrust, countervailing and competition legal issues
- Coordinating with external law firms and liaising with customers in the preparation, negotiation and completion of all legal documentation with respect to all legal practice areas such as telecommunication law, IPR law, IT law, contract law, company law, criminal law, employment law, etc.
- Legal transaction support to other European platforms will also be required as needed
- Extensive lead Legal Counsel experience in a national/international company or as a lawyer in a law firm
- English (legal English) and Dutch
- French and/or German is desirable
- Bachelor degree in Law or equivalent
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills together with a strong commercial sense
- MS Office applications (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook)
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.