Senior Web Developer .Net, JQuery, ASP.NET, CSS
Senior Web Developer .Net, CSS, JQuery, SQL Server, ASP.Net
Function : Information Technology
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT professional to fill the role of Senior Web Developer within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery to critical functions and services.
This position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building custom web sites using your project leadership and technical development skills. You will be capable of full life cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and Microsoft .NET development. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
The role will also give the individual the opportunity to help shape the future of the application design and development space within the company with future concepts involving other business units within the larger organisation as well as partners and customers.
· Be the technical specialist, providing advice and assistance to all areas of the business and acting as a technical "customer champion".
· Produce project plans, written requirements, technical specification and support documentation.
· Work with the UK Communications and US Portal teams to help publish content and modify templates on the Intranet portals
· Creation of solutions providing design concepts by using standard web development practices.,
· Manage incidents, problems and changes to the service efficiently and effectively following the agreed and documented processes
· Ensure IT and Security standards are adhered to and maintained.
· Establish process service improvements via company CSI initiative.
· Design and creation of relational database schemas.
· Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
· Provide support to functional content publisher.
· Provide performance reports, including operational and customer satisfaction metrics.
· Keep abreast of improvements and new functionality of the IIS Servers.
· Provide a point of contact within the team for related technical enquiries.
· Work within best practice frameworks, such as ITIL, ensuring that appropriate processes are developed and adhered to, where necessary.
· Evaluating and manage incidents, problems, requests and systems changes assigned to the team.
· Collaborate with other IT specialists, both internally and externally, leveraging services provided by service partners in achieving objectives.
Essential – Technical Skills
· SC cleared or be willing to undergo SC clearance.
· A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures. With some experience of Search Engine Optimization.
· A complete understanding and wide application of technical theories, and concepts in the Web Development area with a general knowledge of other IT disciplines.
· Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems which are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the IT Functions and overall organization objectives.
· Demonstrate In-depth knowledge of IT technical developments and practices.
· Experience of providing high demand/mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis.
· Be conversant with the organisation’s IT strategy, policies and standards.
· Be proactive and respected for the pragmatic application of IT engineering and management principles to practical problems.
· Be familiar with the systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems, from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support.
· Have detailed practical knowledge of IT infrastructure, software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques.
· Have a good appreciation of change management, configuration management, reliability and safety methods and the use of metrics.
· Understand and ensure IT technology projects adhere to appropriate project management and systems life cycle disciplines.
· Full lifecycle applications development and support experience
· Working knowledge of Change Management and Service Delivery Industry best practice (e.g.ITIL), knowledge of Information Security Industry best practice (e.g. ISO27000), and experience of formalised project management methodologies and techniques, and project management skills.
· An appreciation of Systems Development lifecycle, business analysis, testing methodology, maintenance and support
Essential – Behavioural Competencies
· Ability to work under only general direction and can independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
· Team Player who contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects outside immediate sphere of influence..
· Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
· Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a complete and successful solution.
· Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of project timelines and budgets.
· Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
· Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in dealing with users, other staff, systems developers and equipment/service suppliers.
· Ability to understand and analyse complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions.
· Demonstrable evidence of effective problem solving skills in complex support incidents.
· Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
· Experience of Microsoft Share Point development and a broad understanding of web solutions in the “Open Source” arena such as JBoss would be an advantage.
· Microsoft Database Technologies - SQL 2014 and 2016
· Good working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio 2015 and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) including SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
· ITIL Qualifications – Foundation and other specialised areas of ITIL.
· Defence industry or associated highly regulated industry background.
· Preferably degree level education although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon
Apply for Senior Web Developer .Net, JQuery, ASP.NET, CSS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly