Security cleared Automation Tester / Test Lead
Exciting opportunity for a security cleared Automation Tester or Automation Lead to be based in Hampshire. Due to the secure nature of this role and access to the site candidates ideally will hold current security clearance to SC level.
This is a new role for an experienced Automation Tester or Automation Lead to define the strategy, choice of automation tools to be used and influence stakeholders to adopt an Automation Testing approach. To validate and verify new Web Services and Application Integrations as part of new capabilities being introduced in to this business area. The role involves working closely alongside the Architecture and Development teams as part of this dynamic and challenging environment. Specifically the interactions shall be focused on new process to support the introduction of the Digital Framework and Devops approach. The candidate will continue to work with latest ESB technologies to implement new concepts and products. The main responsibilities will include the planning, coordinating, executing & verification of system and functional testing of application middleware and software. An understanding of new delivery methodologies such as dev ops and be capable of providing insight and delivery of test execution via automation frameworks and continuous integration.
- Reviewing Requirements and Design Documents to determine the scope of testing
- Produce a Test Strategy and Plan, scoping the testing to be performed at a high level
- Create Test Scripts, to implement that Test Plan. Note that Test Scripts will support either or both, as required, of confidence testing and evidencing against requirements. Requirements will be for both functional and security requirements
- Run/evidence such scripts, raising defects as necessary
- Produce Test Reports, summarising the testing performed
- Participate in informal and formal reviews of the above
- Support demonstrations and trials (in-house and on site)
- Experience in tools such as Selenium / QTP / Silk test / Cucumber / Jenkins / bamboo
- Manual / Automated Regression Testing to include: Functional and End-to-End testing;
- Manual / Automated Non-Functional Testing;
- Scenario based testing;
- Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Script creation;
- Produce test collateral in line with test governance framework;
- Test Execution and Defect logging;
- Provide input to environment and data requirements
- Database Build & Migration (Oracle and/or SQL Server) testing;
- Business application migration testing;
- Engagement with the Client Assurance team
- ISEB / IQTSB Foundation
- Data networking
- Ability to access infrastructure over a data network and understand configuration
- Understanding of IP schema, subnets and masking, traffic shaping and prioritisation
- Previously worked in the defence or national security industry
Competitive basic salary and package including bonus scheme, car allowance (dependant on level), 25 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution (including life assurance and long term sickness protection). This is a fantastic chance to join one of the biggest and most established ICT companies not only in the UK, but with a global presence. If you are talented, enthusiastic and keen to make a difference you will succeed in this organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply now by sending in your updated CV