Location- Fleet Street until April, then Croydon
First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for number of years for software development teams that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
Experience of working on large programmes having number of cross-functional teams.
Ability to articulate clearly technical challenges and dependencies to the management team.
Good understanding of SAFE principles and techniques.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example