IT Warranty Administrator
Trainee IT Warranty Administrator - Hemel Hempstead
About the Role
Capita have an amazing opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into IT. Welcome candidates from any background that have an interest in IT. We are happy to provide training! In this position, you will be responsible for Tech Vetting calls, checking calls for warranty, and also controlling the part supply, return and credit cycle of warranty parts.
The other main focus will be to manage chargeable calls and ensure the correct charges are levied and recovered
You will need to liaise with both internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner to best diagnose the reported fault, and offer the best solution.
So seeking applicants with good communication skills and an ability to work under pressure to ensure calls are vetted and dealt with appropriately, and in a timely manner.
About Capita | Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are a leading IT services company that provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed IT services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
We work in partnership with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their organisation and then create a technology strategy to support transformation, drive operational efficiency and reduce costs. Making IT work better for customers is our ultimate goal.
What You Will Do:
- Continually monitor the call handling system
- Tech vet calls from field engineers to best diagnose what parts are required to achieve a first time fix, and issue the parts.
- When parts are not appropriate advise best course of action i.e. loan or swap etc
- Diagnose faults directly with customers and arrange the best course of action to effect the repair
- Check calls for manufacturer's warranty and if necessary procure parts via the manufacturer's warranty procedure
- Check calls for any chargeable element, ensuring relevant parties are aware of the costs and where necessary correct cost codes
- Arrange the return or replacement of warranty items
- Claim credits against manufacturer's warranty and follow through to payment
Your Experience Will Include:
- Good customer service background
- Experience of call handling systems
- Ideally sound engineering background in computing, IT and Peripherals
- Ideally good knowledge of manufacturers web based warranty checking and parts ordering systems
- Ideally have remote fault diagnosis ability of computers and peripherals
- Proven experience in similar role
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Displays initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- IT proficiency in use of PC Applications (e.g. word , excel, outlook)
- Ideally any IT Qualifications
- Good Team Working
- Good knowledge and experience of the repair of computer equipment
- Experience of manufacturer's warranty and credit claim procedures
- Relevant engineering qualifications to BTECH level or above
- Knowledge of server fault diagnosis
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.