Permanent - Up to c.£30,000 + Full benefits package including - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, health care scheme, childcare vouchers and other leisure discounts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Europe's leading Defence & Technology Organisations. A world leading service provider who have invested billions of pounds in their services working with the most high profile clients on the most cutting edge projects. This role is available due to a company expansion.
We are a Wind Tunnel facility used primarily by major International aircraft manufacturing companies for testing scale models of commercial aircraft.
Working as part of a small team of electronics engineers engaged on diagnostic and maintenance activities on a broad range of electronics equipment, instrumentation and control systems including power electronics and PLC systems.
Main duties will include:
- Fault finding to component level where necessary to maintain tunnel systems and instrumentation.
- Calibration / test of equipment as required
- Preparation & Maintenance of documentation for electronic systems in the facility as required
- Daily start-up & shut down of equipment
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to ensure tunnel down time is kept to a minimum
- Installation of equipment / cables in various locations on site
- Operate Facility plant equipment once trained and authorised to do so
- Recognised training in an Electronics Engineering (NVQ, Apprenticeship, HNC, HND etc) or proven experience within the field
- Experience of fault finding/ testing and inspecting
- Ability to read and interpret Circuit diagrams
- PLC System experience
- Plant, production/manufacturing industry background
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent behavioural skills such as work ethic and great teamwork
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place on an ad-hoc basis but if you're interested please don't hesitate as we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information give me (Jenny) a call on 01179 309 759 or email
If you don't have an updated CV that's no problem - just give me a call to discuss.