Senior Systems Engineer
Senior System Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The Systems Engineer will develop the System Architecture, System Design and specify the system elements (equipment and products). The candidate will need to be an experienced Model Based Systems Engineering practitioner familiar with Tactical C4i systems, the associated technologies and products, and with an understanding of the user.
Breadth and depth of competence in Systems Engineering, specifically with expertise in:
- System Requirements Analysis
- Architectural Design & Modelling using ARTiSAN/Rhapsody
- System Design & Modelling using ARTiSAN/Rhapsody
- Definition/Documentation of Architecture and System Design
- Trade Studies
- Change Management
- Design Verification and Design Proving Methods
- Writing of un-ambiguous atomic requirements
- Definition of threshold and objective performance requirements
- Authoring of high quality documentation
- Good understanding of designing for specialist and support engineering considerations (including security, safety, ILS, human factors)
- Strong understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering and Requirements Management concepts, familiarity with ARTiSAN and/or Rhapsody is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Technologies that must be understood include:
- Tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios and system management considerations.
- Messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless (as well as wired) environments
- OSI-layered communications model
- Knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies is desirable.
- Alternative, but relevant, experience may be considered.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate significant competence and experience practicing as a Systems Engineer. Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering is essential.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday and an attractive bonus scheme.