Trainee IT Engineer (Data Centre)
Trainee IT Engineer (Data Centre)- West Malling
About the Role
Capita have an amazing opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into IT. You don't need any professional experience, just an interest in IT and a willingness to learn!
In this position, you will work within the Data Centre Operations Team providing 24/7 support and fault diagnosis to ensure that our data centres are running correctly.
This is a 24/7 support role so you must be willing to work night shift as part of your work. This role will be a mixture of dayand night shifts operating on a 4 days on 4 days off rota. Please note that this pattern includes weekends and Bank Holidays. Also clean driving license is needed as travelling to other data centres in the area.
About Capita / Enterprise Services
Capita Enterprise Services is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 74,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Enterprise Services solutions address the 'workplace of the future' and are designed to facilitate the mobility and productivity of employees, irrespective of their location or the device they're using. Enabling smarter use of corporate and personal devices by combining the best blend of devices, security services and productivity applications we improve productivity and user satisfaction.
What You Will Do:
- To provide first level fault diagnosis and escalation to high operational standards.
- To provide clear and concise reports and information to management on a daily basis
- Event Management monitoring of applications and infrastructure systems as agreed in client OLA and as directed by the Shift Manager
- Workload monitoring & completion of batch profiles as directed by Shift Manager
- Call instigation to support level as directed by Shift Manager
- Completion of Operational reports within agreed timescales as directed by Shift Manager
- Site Security & Environmental Monitoring as directed by Shift Manager
- Media Management and offsite administration as directed by Shift Manager
- Day-to-day responsibility for the security of the Operations Bridge Room environment as directed by the Shift Manager
- To monitor computer room environment ensuring that the machine room environments are secure and stable as directed by Shift Manager
Your Experience Will Include:
- Customer service background
- Call logging experience
- Ideally come from service desk/Data Centre/IT support environment background
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- IT proficiency in use of PC Applications (e.g. word , excel, outlook)
- Ideally any IT Qualifications
- Good Team Working
- Full Driving License
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.