DevOps / Intergration Engineer
Urgent requirement for DevOps / Installation Engineer for private sector client delivering projects for Central Government, Gloucester, Cyber Security, £50,000-£55,000 + benefits. Due to the urgent nature of this requirement the need for a current DV Clearance is vital.
The role of a DevOps/ Installation Engineer is first and full most tasked with the management of the integration of new green field functionality into operational services.
This will involve the monitoring and maintaining of said applications and infrastructure, with the added responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of the entire environment including but not restricted to development environments off site, as well as undertaking operational repairs/ system enhancement.
Exceptional soft skills are a must as you will be expected to communicate to key stake holders, project managers. Providing clear and concise details of progress updates with regards to the applications and products, as well as being able to articulate the client's requirements.
- Follows the defined release process, ensuring that controls are followed to ensure the quality of the delivery.
- Has an understanding of the functional and non-functional specification of parts, or all of the system (as required), demonstrating an understanding of the product and related technologies.
- Assists in defining templates/standards to which deployment documentation should be written. To include deployment/roll back plans and back up procedures.
- Engages with the Project team at all times, reporting on all deployment status, including risks and issues.
- Conducts the in to service roll-out and planning, including methods of deployment. Receiving product builds and ensuring the installation is carried out on the appropriate infrastructure.
- Assisting with post implementation support. To include, incident support and management using the appropriate tools alongside identifying operational problems and contributing to the resolution.
- Assists in the coordination of knowledge transfer and training to the client support teams.
- Ensures feedback is provided to the client and project teams, to cover the deployment of release packages across environments. To include, the documenting and progressing of bugs, known issues, workarounds and known risks, for future releases.
- Is responsible for the monitoring of all environments to ensure code consistency is maintained and kept secure, to protect system integrity.
- Contributes to best practice/improvement. Assisting in defining the standards for deployment processes across the business. Providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as necessary Knowledge/Abilities:
- Knowledge of development strategies such as Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM.
- Multiple experiences of the full development end to end release lifecycle. To include knowledge of work shop management techniques and the RACI Matrix.
- Knowledge of development tools such as JIRA, Perforce, Eclipse, TFS, Git, Maven, Confluence, ReSharper, DotCover, Cobratura, FindBugs
- Experience of the full development / project lifecycle
Apply for DevOps / Intergration Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly