Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Ground Support Equipment)
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Ground Support Equipment)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, UP TO £30K PER ANNUM (DOE) + OVERTIME, HAMPSHIRE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Ground Support Technician to join a global Defence Technology & Security organisation, based in Hampshire at a prestigious MOD site.
- Provide maintenance support in relation to mechanical and hydraulic servicing equipment
- Deliver specialist technical maintenance support & services in relation to GSE (e.g. Rotary Hydraulic Arrestor Gear (RHAG), Aircraft Arresting Barrier, Ground Power Units etc.)
- Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements & additional requirements to Property/Business Teams as required
- Maintain knowledge / awareness of legislative, standards & technical requirements and developments; providing expertise / guidance across the footprint
- Prioritisation of own work programme to satisfy business needs whilst mindful of working as part of a team
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site where applicable; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
- Completed a recognised Apprenticeship or ideally NVQ Level 3 qualified (Mechanical Engineering, Hydraulics etc.)
- Full clean driving license
- Demonstrable experience in a mechanical maintenance role (desirably GSE specifically)
- Manual Handling awareness/Risk appreciation
- Awareness and appreciation of Health & Safety procedures and regulations
If you are successful, you will be subject to Ministry of Defence security checks prior to starting your employment.
As a permanent employee, you with receive a full competitive benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension scheme and flexible benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a GSE Technician with us and feel you have meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview!
Apply for Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Ground Support Equipment)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly