Senior Software Engineer
7 days left
- Job Type
Senior Software Developer - (C# / .NET / Microsoft Suite) - Up to 45k plus benefits - Boscombe Downs
Senior Developer - (C# / Microsoft Suite)
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Developer has arisen to work for a leading Defence and Research Agency. Working as part of an effective and professional team, you will be working in a challenging and dynamic environment, contributing to one of the UK's most reputable businesses.
The company is looking for a Senior Developer to help develop code that delivers on performance and reliability. Your day to day responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- The ability to technically lead a development team.
- The ability to expose and share emerging technologies, concepts, strategies and processes with the team.
- Monitors the adherence to procedures and the quality of developed software artefacts.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft technologies and their application.
- The ability to take a development through the full life-cycle from requirements capture to delivery and support.
- Good interpersonal skills for team-working, and working with customers.
- The ability to determine a customer's real needs and assist in selecting the most appropriate solution.
- Good discipline in the application of software practices and quality control.
- Good written and oral communications skills, including presentation skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Deputise for the Bespoke Applications Team Manager
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Provide technical leadership for the application development activities in the team.
- Ensure that developed and maintained applications perform reliably to meet the customer's functional needs and other requirements as defined in the application's project management or maintenance plan.
- Ensure that the project documentation is produced and maintained to the level defined in the application's project management or maintenance plan.
- Ensure that development is executed to the standard defined in the application's project management or maintenance plan.
- Ensure that other members of the team have sufficient knowledge of the applications to provide cover for the person's absence.
- Manage the relationship with the customer(s) on assigned projects.
- A formal qualification at degree level, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained by practical work experience, is required to do this job.
- Proven track record in technically leading development teams.
- Experience in developing applications for one or more of the following: Windows Forms, intranet or internet environments.
- Experience of software engineering. Specifically 10+ years of production quality software development in the Microsoft Stack (ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, C#/VB.NET, WPF, WCF, SQL Server)
- Experience of database developments (any commercial variant).
- Experience of delivering high quality solutions.
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Experience in monitoring process adherence and quality.
The business offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: 25 days annual leave, 1:1.5 pension, Share Scheme.
For any further information contact Martin Ferguson on 0161 924 1383.
Apply for Senior Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly