IT Systems Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Airbus Defence and Space as a Ground Support Systems Technician working specifically with Maintenance Data Systems (MDS). You will be based in Brize Norton providing onsite support to the customer.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the MDS, running backups, reconfiguring the system, cleansing data and managing the network. You will support the configuration of both the portable and static network, providing complete systems support to the entire station support team.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Administration of Microsoft Windows Server environment including Active Directory, VMware vSphere, DFS, DNS, and printing and group policy.
* Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
* Manage Anti-Virus deployment and updates; troubleshoot as necessary
* Apply updates and patches to systems regularly.
* Review documentation regularly, create and update when necessary.
* Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
* Review daily logs, perform daily tasks and work on team projects as assigned.
* Manage user accounts on the system: Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
* Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Extensive experience in implementing and maintaining a Windows Server environment.
* Familiarity with Active Directory, VMware vSphere, McAfee MOVE, Backup Exec, DFS, DNS, printing and group policy.
* Good knowledge of Hardware maintenance level 1 for enterprise systems.
* Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be a team player and a willingness to lend a hand with any project.
* Excellent ability to analyze, make decisions and solve problems.
* High level of initiative and dedication also required.
* Oracle knowledge with PowerShell would be an advantage..
* Familiar with maintenance Aircraft ground support system tools would be an advantage.
* Familiar with Airbus type (A380 or 330/340) operation in airlines would be an advantage.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.