Simulators Software Engineer (C++ / Java)
A vacancy for an experienced Engineer with excellent technical skills in C++ & Java and experience in Simulator/Test Rig Development projects has arisen with Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
You will join our team as a key member for the development of space mission related functional simulators and hardware in the loop test benches.
* You will design, develop and integrate specific modules of the simulator as well as support the technical follow of external teams involved in the development of some of the models.
* You will work closely with the engineering teams of the space mission project to ensure the successful development and use of the test benches.
The main technical activities include: Technical Requirements Analysis, Software Design and Implementation, technical follow up of external teams, System Integration, Testing and Delivery of the benches. The software implementation is done in C++, with Java used as the test language and the simulator is developed in a Linux environment.
The Satellite Functional Verification Infrastructure (FVI) department is responsible for the development of space mission functional simulators and hardware-in the-loop test benches that are primarily used in the:
* Development and validation of flight software
* Validation of functional chains and hardware-software interfaces of satellite equipment and the satellite itself. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Modelling requirements engineering.
* Software model design and architecture.
* Technical follow-up and responsibility of the models developed by the external subcontractor.
* System integration and verification.
* System delivery and acceptance.
* Work as a technical expert in specific areas of the simulator.
* Conduct code reviews and inspections.
* Support the users of the test benches.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related technical discipline.
* Experience in Development and Testing of Software Simulators or Hardware-In-The Loop Test Rigs (preferably in the aerospace domain).
* Experience of Software Design and Development in C/C++ and Java.
* Experience of Real Time Software and the complete Software Lifecycle.
* Experience in the Software Lifecycle; Requirements, Design, Development, Integration, Testing, Delivery and Acceptance
* Knowledge of one or more of the following data protocols: SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553;
* Working knowledge of Linux OS and ideally of the Eclipse SDE would be desirable.
* Experience in the development of Functional models.
* Knowledge of the ECSS software standards is desirable.
* Experience in technical follow up/interfacing to external subcontractors is highly desirable. Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.