Application Support Analyst
Role: IT Graduate – Application Support Analyst
What do I need to apply for this job?
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer/Software Engineering or Information System Management
- Hands-on experience on one or more programming languages (C#, Java etc.)
- Hands-on experience or knowledge of Web based applications, Database management systems and writing SQL queries
- Hands-on experience on Windows operating system and Windows scripting will be an advantage
- Strong analytical thinking acquiring understanding of a problem through systematic breakdown
- Strong Oral and written communication & interpersonal skills with an aptitude for communicating complex technical issues with suppliers and customers
- Must be able to work proactively, under pressure and ability to work to deadlines
- Must have or be able to obtain full SC Clearance (min. 5 years of UK residency)
What will I do as part of this job?
In this role:
- You will be part of the Technical Application Support & Maintenance team responsible for Supporting and Upkeep of a set of web-based applications, handling Live Incidents calls from Service Desk teams
- You will be supporting applications and resolving technical issues on applications built on .NET, IIS Server and Windows Server platform
- You will get an opportunity to gain experience on ITIL Processes, .NET Technical Skills and an opportunity to be ITIL Certified
- You will own resolutions of Incidents reported by Service Desk, determine the appropriate action to be taken, follow up with supplier and customer contacts, regular updates for KCI (keeping the customer informed)
- You will perform Technical deployment of software releases or configuration / data changes from software vendors, and those required as a result of service incidents or problems
- You will monitor application systems/servers, perform system health checks and take preventive actions to maintain system availability
- You will be expected to be flexible in providing support during Out of Office Hours and during weekends, as per the customer demands and incident criticality
- You will have an opportunity to engage in proactive involvements in bringing about Service Improvements through Tool Automation and process improvements
NOTE: The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.