Project Director - New project - Defence Contract
A well known public sector body that is the key to defending the nation is looking for a project director for a brand new project that they have in the south west. As it is a brand new project in alpha stage you will be involved in its conception, with scope to move onto the next stage if the initial project is successful.
- Work at a site that is one of the largest defence sites in the UK, you will be surrounded by serving or ex military personnel who will look after you if you come into any problems.
- Working on a new project is a very good way to put your own stamp on it and get your name more widely known in the defence industry so you can expand your network.
- Take lead on the relationship management with key stakeholders and get to know them properly helping you to expand your network, these key stakeholders will also be employers and could help you get your next contract when this one is over.
- SC clearance is essential
- The ability to Manage and provide support, guidance and coaching to Project Managers.
- Previous experience working on complex projects acting as a senior project manager or similar role.
- Previous experience in the defence sector is desirable.
I am a specialist recruiter for Government roles across the UK and recruit predominantly for high security positions, many with a strong focus on Cyber Security and IT.
What I offer: Current and up-to-date knowledge of the UK Government industry. My job is to find out what exactly you look for in a contract and to try and source that position for you. Specialties: *Defence *SC *Project Management *Civil Service *Cloud *Saas *Desktop Support *Prince 2 *MSP *MoR *ITIL *Service Architect *Technical Architect *Security Architect *CISSP *CESG *ISO27001 *GDS *TOGAF *ISEB *Business Analysis *SDLC *Agile *SCRUM