Principal Indirect Procurement Buyer
Principal Indirect Procurement Buyer :
Due to a substantial increase in workload a World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage is currently looking to recruit a Principal Indirect Procurement Buyer.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing and long-term thereafter).
Department offering hourly rates of £28- £34 per hour dependent on skills and experience.
Principal Indirect Procurement Buyer Description:
The IGP organisation is responsible for purchasing direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. An opportunity has arisen in the UK indirect Procurement team which is currently responsible for the following categories, Facilities Management, HR Services, Learning & Development, Contract Labour, Group Travel, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
•You will be responsible for managing the procurement activities for HR & consultancy for the UK and to working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
•Supervising one Principal Buyers within the UK General Procurement team.
•Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate. You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
•Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5 year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
•You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
Regular travel within the UK & Europe will be required, to work closely with our international procurement colleagues and the UK stakeholders and suppliers
• Competent and experienced Procurement / Purchasing / Buyer Specialist, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and implementation of the tender process;
• Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers;
• Competent contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions;
• A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
• Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of cross cultural working