System Test and Integration Engineer (Cyber)
System Test and Integration Engineer (Cyber) - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of engineering tasks across the development lifecycle. In addition to the standard Systems Integration tasks, this specific role will include the role of a Cyber Range Capability Manager, including but not limited to:
- Customise and develop core capabilities for range trials and evaluation events
- Adding new capabilities, devices and/or environments
- Manage day to day range operations and configurations
- Restore and sanitise environments to pristine state following trials and events
- Assisting with requirements elaboration, analysis, design, test and reporting.
- The successful candidate will be required to design/develop support tools, simulators and analysis tools to support evaluation and integration.
- Apply knowledge of computer systems and engineering best practice in the performance of the successful candidate's duties and be responsible for ensuring compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the development lifecycle.
- Training can be provided to support learning and career development.
- Successful candidate will be expected to provide input into estimating/planning, to work under limited supervision to develop solutions to meet customer business/mission problems and contribute towards ensuring that project milestones are met.
- The position will be full-time within the existing team delivering cutting edge solutions for both customer and internal enterprises.
- Experience of engineering and testing within the key competencies of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Intelligence Analytics or Software & Systems Development.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of managing and designing complex test and evaluation environments
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of testing systems developed utilising a number of the following technologies:
- Java, C++, Android, iOS, Enterprise Systems (J2EE), Databases, Object Oriented Techniques, XML, Distributed Systems, Unix, Virtual Systems, Web Technologies.
- Experience of working in the areas of Cyber Detection, Forensics, COTS Integration and Agile Systems Development.
- Experience of liaising with clients and development team members to elaborate testing scope and needs.
- Proven ability to learn quickly.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
- Keen to develop well rounded test and software engineering skills across a wide range of systems and tools.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD.
- Candidates will have extensive technical expertise and have full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Candidates will have experience of developing technical solutions to complex problems under minimal direction and/or have experience of leading teams.
- Our senior staff will be given the opportunity to mentor others in their field.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity to represent the organisation on advanced projects and/or programs and act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: System Test and Integration Engineer (Cyber)
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance Willing to Undergo DV Clearance