Planning and Scheduling Coach - Primavera P6/Microsoft Project
The role of the Coach is to build sustainable, trusting relationships with the trainees in order to support the Planning and Scheduling, formal training and provide coaching and mentoring support to enhance the trainees ability in planning and scheduling that will provide them with a solid foundation in developing their careers towards becoming Lead Planners/Schedulers.
The Coach will support the trainee's development, alongside formal training, by creating awareness, understanding and responsibility through questioning, conversation and support.
Planning and Scheduling Coach - Contract - Bristol - £350 - £450 per day
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Coach is responsible for providing coaching and mentoring support to the trainees assigned to them.
Coaches will be required to:
- Undertake coaching activities through a range of channels including face-to-face meetings (one-to-one or group), support of formal training, telephone discussions and email exchanges.
- Engage with trainees to agree how coaching could support their development and learning.
- Encourage and support the trainee creation of their goal and action plan that will enhance the delivery of coaching activity that best meets the needs of the trainee.
- Encourage trainees to take responsibility for their own decisions, plans and actions.
- Encourage the trainee to express and discuss their ideas, concerns and understanding of the formal training and development process in a formal and informal setting at regular intervals.
- Support trainees to review their progress and set realistic action steps to realise their goals
- Support trainees to reflect on, discuss and learn from events that did not turn out as expected.
- Support trainees in development of communication and interfacing with the client, stakeholders for planning and scheduling.
- Support trainees in reference to the wider context of the Project Controls function and the integration of other project control roles within an investment delivery organisation; identifying other sources of information, advice or further support when appropriate.
- Present a professional and positive image.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of trainee contact.
- Comply with all relevant client requirements and standards.
- Support the project activities budget, duration and comply with the systems of work for the project.
- Microsoft Project EPM or Primavera.
- Role of the Coach.
- Coaching process and outputs contained within the Coaching Toolkit.
- Coaching relationships and the importance of using the most effective communication methods to create a productive coaching environment.
- Project Control Planning and Scheduling processes.
- Rules on confidentiality and data protection.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Active listening and personal presentation skills.
- Effective time management.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Relationship building and able to maintain rapport over a period of time.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing written reports.
- Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project, where appropriate, while maintaining the procedural and quality requirements.
- Able to respect the trainees need for information, commitment and confidentiality.
- Able to adapt personal style to empathise with a whole range of trainees.
- Evidence of successful professional expertise across project delivery and controls in large project and programme environments containing complex planning.
- Relevant experience in project controls and/or project delivery at a senior level,
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling systems and processes.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Planning and Scheduling Coach
Duration: 3 Months
Rate: £350 - £450 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance