Software Engineer Linux, C, VOIP, DATA, Security Cleared
5 days left
- Job Type
Software Engineer - 6 Month Contract - SC Cleared - South Wales
This is a great opportunity for a Security Cleared (SC) Software Engineer with experience of developing C in a LINUX environment.
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have experience of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have experience of the full project lifecycle.
- Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in software methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the client on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity - To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Experience of Requirements Management
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Experience of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Apply for Software Engineer Linux, C, VOIP, DATA, Security Cleared
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly