Commissioning and Test Engineer (Mechanical) x 4 - Salary: £30,995 + paid overtime (likely to earn closer to £40,000)
A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on 4 Mechanical Commissioning and Test Engineers to become part of the Commissioning Group and support the various maintenance periods of all SSN's (Ship Submarine Nuclear) based in Plymouth
Based in Plymouth, your role will be to support the maintenance periods of all submarines, both in service and those that are no longer in commission. This support will extend to platforms on the waterfront as well as those in dock.
As a core member of the team, you will be involved in the inspection, testing and commission of diesel engines, hydraulics and other mechanical-biased commissioning activities, whilst carrying out fault finding diagnosis and proposing corrective solutions where required. Additionally, you will identify and record defects and ensure that any emergent work is correctly recognised.
You will ensure that the requirements of the Work Specification are understood, paying close attention to the relevant corporate documentation as well as research and compilation of the required test documentation.
Creating and maintaining close working relationships with the Project/Production, Ship Staff and other Commissioning Group sections is vital in order to ensure that the systems being handed over for test/commissioning meet the required standard and conform to the relevant submarine safety constraints.
Reporting into the Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for adhering to all Health and Safety requirements whilst performing your duties. You may also provide direction and supervision to industrial staff when necessary.
These positions are well suited to service leavers, particularly from the Royal Navy with experience in mechanical commissioning/ diesel engines/ hydraulics background etc.
- Background in mechanical test and commissioning - ideally on submarines but will consider surface vessel experience.
- Ability to work on mechanical systems.
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard within a demanding, high pressure environment.
- Good planning, organisation and communication skills.
- Good management skills.
- Will become a member of a highly focused delivery team and therefore must be able to demonstrate good team working skills and abilities.
- High standards with respect to Health and Safety.
- Able to interpret relevant system drawings and associated documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Company Information and Proposition
The jobs have been created due to the growth in this area. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team within a successful organisation. You will have training opportunities and potential for career progression.
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775