Police Investigation Officers
Be flexible in terms of the shift pattern, working location as you may be required to travel to other locations within the Force undertaking a similar role.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To assist in investigations by undertaking a wide range of tasks (taking statements, examining CCTV, assisting with interviews etc) under the direction of supervisor/police officer.
- To assist in the interviewing of suspects
- To assist in the completion of criminal files of evidence by undertaking allocated tasks.
- To provide assistance to the investigation by obtaining statements of evidence for criminal investigation
- To assist in the examination, preservation and continuity of evidence and exhibits such as CCTV recovered during an investigation in accordance with procedure.
- Submit accurate reports into the Force intelligence systems.
- To complete statements following correct procedures.
- To undertake the completion of a wide range of documentation relating to an investigation.
- Ensure material is identified and recorded in accordance with Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act (CPIA).
- To be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- To be computer literate and able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work.
- To have experience in the production of accurate reports or documents with attention to detail.
- To demonstrate recent experience in a role requiring the use of investigation skills / Problem solving.
- To have experience of working within a high pressured environment with high workloads.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
To have an understanding of data protection legislation when handling information.
Knowledge of the criminal justice process and law.
Knowledge of custody procedures in relation to prisoner detention and processing.
PIP level 1 or 2 or hold an equivalent investigatory qualification.
Candidates who are from or have previous experience dealing with serious/complicated/safeguarding investigations are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Police Investigation Officers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Administration / Secretarial jobs in Leicestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in Leicestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Intelligence jobs in Leicestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Legal jobs in Leicestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Management / Executive jobs in Leicestershire