Information Assurance Consultant
Information Assurance Consultant - Permanent - Dorset/ Bristol / Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary!
- Day to day Information Assurance activities in support of all activities
- Risk and Security management and supporting the CISO, IA Manager and program leads with all IA activities
- Primary advisor and interface to customers on all IA matters
- Working with internal Project Managers and IT Project Managers to implement Information Security (InfoSec) activities as per our client's and Customer policies
- The role may require travel to other sites and flexibility on working hours
- Ensures that computer applications awareness training, and data security awareness training is carried out
- Oversees IA Analyst functions to support local network operations
- Identify and resolve customer and IA issues and concerns
- Develop and/or maintain local IA guidelines, plans and policies, Acceptable Use Policies, SyOps, in line with UK and Corporate policies.
- Local lead for network accreditations and security certifications i.e. ISO27001, Cyber Essentials
- Validate contracts, data classification, and NDA's
- Conduct certification and accreditation work.
- Work with the SOC to ensure that Corporate network testing, intrusion detection, and vulnerability scanning is complied with.
- Make policy recommendations to the CISO
- Liaise with and work with the company Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Manager
- Work closely with the Site Security Controller and ensure that IA and Physical Security policies and processes are aligned
- Assist the SOC with analysis and reverse engineering
- Plan and coordinate, monitor and oversee internal Phishing exercises
- Provide IA subject matter expertise for business development
- Provided new employee IA training for all personnel.
- Assist in Forensic Investigations
- Support external and internal penetration tests
- Support and assist the operation on our client's second site
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Industry, Security Industry Authority (SIA) and/or MOD security based qualifications.
- CMI Malware Investigations or equivalent
- Proven experience of IA activities
- Risk Management
- Cryptographic Handling & Management
- Basic Network Architecture
- Physical Security
- Security Regulations, Legal, Policies and Processes
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Excellent time management, report writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of threats, security risks and countermeasures.
- Excellent customer facing skills, internally and externally facing with nationals and international agencies.
- Excellent Incident Management experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or proven experience in a required are of expertise
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification
- Good knowledge of security best practice methodologies
- Experience of working in MOD, SIA and/or other regulated industries i.e. banking, telecommunications
- An understanding of designing and implementing secure systems to HMG security requirements.
- CISSP and/or CISM
- ITIL Foundation
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in Gloucestershire
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Gloucestershire
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Gloucestershire
- £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in Gloucestershire