7 days left
- Job Type
LOCATION: Maastricht, Netherlands
DURATION: 1 year with extensions up to 3 years
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, normal working hours
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC) is part of the EUROCONTROL Agency and is tasked with the provision of Air Traffic Control (ATC) services to civil air traffic in the upper airspace over Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the north-western part of Germany. A Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS) unit is co-located at MUAC, controlling Operational Air Traffic (OAT) over North-West Germany. MADAP is the data center of MUAC and provides data processing and display capabilities to these local operational services, and also remotely to the Royal Netherlands Airforce.
Change Management at MUAC includes the management of projects aiming at the delivery of products for operational usage by the Operational division and related maintenance by the Engineering division.
The ATM Portal project requires one external support staff for the development of 2 new products: one web server and one data server. These new products will be developed under the direction of and in collaboration with the ATS/ACE team from the Engineering division that will also be in charge of the future maintenance of these products.
We’re looking for a software engineer to develop and test software, as well as to produce required software and test documentation.
- Analyse specification and system design documents
- Analyse existing software source code for possible re-use
- Develop and produce new software modules. This includes design, coding, testing, and related documentation
- Design performant, userfriendly and attractive web user interfaces
- Participate in peer source code reviews.
- Analyse reported problems and propose solutions. Adapt source code accordingly.
- Analyse potential emerging change requests and propose solutions. Adapt documentation, source code and test accordingly.
- Weekly reporting to the Project Team.
- Execute all tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security requirements and procedures.
- Higher technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent professional knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Ember, IntelliJ and Spring framework
- Experience with security standards like OWASP ASVS
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and accessing databases from Java
- Experience with Active MQ
- Experience in producing clear and concise software design and test documentation
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems, and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way.
- Cooperates and works well in a team
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly