Telecoms Network Engineer
About Huawei and the Cyber Security Evaluation Centre:
Huawei is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world. At Huawei, we develop world-leading enterprise, carrier and consumer devices and sell to 45 of the top 50 operators world-wide including leading UK providers. Products range from the latest Android smart phones and dongles through to large core network telecommunications solutions.
Huawei have established a Cyber Security Evaluation Centre in the historic market town of Banbury, Oxfordshire with a team of highly-skilled security analysts and System build professionals seeking to improve the overall security of Huawei core telecommunications products. The Huawei Cyber Security Evaluation Centre is currently seeking talented network build professionals to join the team of System Build Engineers.
About the Job:
Working in small multi-disciplined teams, you will install and commission state of the art telecoms network equipment to support vulnerability assessment and penetration testing of Huawei core telecommunications products. This will be a continuous process as products and networks develop. The technology includes IP/SS7 networking, Fixed/ Mobile telecoms products and Unix/Linux OS blade and NFV systems. Activities include:
• Interpreting customer network design to develop small scale lab equivalent
• Learning about new products within an evaluation programme
• Develop the installation procedures from standard product documents
• Configuring systems to emulate operational systems
• Supporting systems during evaluations
• IP networking – developing and maintain IP networks
• Installation experience within a busy laboratory or Data Centre
• Knowledge of Health and safety procedures
• Ability to learn about new products and technology
• Methodical approach to building systems
• Team working
• Experience of installing and maintaining telecoms equipment
• Fixed or Mobile system or network experience
• SS7 knowledge
• Detailed understanding of Huawei products
What you get in return:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Being part of a growing team of professionals in a dynamic environment
• A commitment to your continued professional development through training and attaining relevant certifications.
Given the unique nature of the cyber security challenge all applicants must be able to obtain UK security clearance (DV).