Service Delivery Consultant
Role - Service Delivery Consultant
Location - Bath
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Great opportunity within Pay360 for a Service Delivery Consultant to join a technically astute Business
About the role
The role of the Service Delivery Consultant is to provide relevant technical leadership with regards to the planning and implementation of Managed Services solutions both for new and existing customers.
This role is located at Capita Software Services in Oldham, who provide Payment Management solutions & services to customers in the public sector.
About Capita |
Capita Software Services provide software solutions in the disciplines of Revenues, Benefits, Payment Management, housing and eGovernment. Capita Software Services strives to direct and improve service delivery within the public sector and social housing marketplace.
What you will do:
- To deliver the service into all environments; internal QA, customer QA and production in accordance with business strategies in the areas of security, resilience, technological efficiencies and the carbon footprint of the organisation.
- To provide technical consultancy relating to any new product developments from the perspective of Managed Services and to ensure that new products fit in with the current environment.
- To ensure that new products being implemented into the Managed Services environment can be easily and effectively managed in order to deliver a consistent level of service to customers
- Maintain ongoing program of continuous improvement
- To provide technical support for all new and existing Managed Services products and implement measures to maintain sufficient logging information to diagnose problems when they occur.
- To investigate the root cause of technical issues and to assist in the management and resolution of these issues.
- Develop automated actions (on events occurring) wherever possible to ensure rapid responses and reduce call outs.
- Develop solutions to take proactive action rather than reacting when system events occur (e.g. a file system approaching x% capacity to generate warnings to allow time to respond before the file system actual fills to 100%).
- Maintain other system monitoring tools deployed for the purpose of network security, escalating issues or potential security issues to the relevant security personnel.
- Provide management reports and statistics relating to systems availability and capacity.
- Be responsible for checking and analysing security logs and alerts, escalating where required as per security policies and procedures.
- To work as part of a team to ensure 24/7 managed services availability for strategic customers. This will be achieved by being part of a team that covers the out of hours support rota.
- To provide technical consultancy relating to security and other guidelines such as the Payment Card Data Security Standards.
- Ability to plan, monitor and control projects, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources with Managed Services
- Liaise with necessary departments within the payment management business unit to improve the effectiveness of application roll outs and to ensure the prompt resolution of any issues.
- To engage with the development department at the start of any new development and identify any areas that may cause a problem when products are handed over into a production environment.
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrate the ability to operate computer systems that run production and development processing, and perform systems maintenance tasks
- Monitors and reports on systems performance with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of web technologies
- Experience of .Net, Java, SQL and configuration, tuning, optimization and trouble-shooting activities
- Knowledge of various technologies and software
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Standards
- Knowledge of ITIL practices, Juniper Intrusion Detection, Nagios and other monitoring software
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.