Warehouse and Logistic Specialist at NATO/JFTC
WAREHOUSE AND LOGISTIC SPECIALIST
LOCATION: Bydgoszcz, Poland
CLIENT: NATO, Joint Force Training Centre (JFTC)
DURATION: 1 year with possible extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Regular working hours, some weekends
CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Joint Force Training Centre (JFTC) serves as a focal point for NATO combined and joint operations and warfare at the tactical level in order to assist the transformation of Allied and Partner forces. The JFTC comprises the Commander (COM) and Command Group (CG) with Staff Advisory Group (SAG), and three functionally aligned Staff Divisions: The Headquarters Support Division (HSD) is responsible for infrastructure and resources; the Training Division (TD) is responsible for the delivery of training; and the Training Support Division (TSD) is responsible for JFTC’s technical platform.
The Warehouse and Logistic Specialist Contractor shall be responsible for the effective operation of JFTC’s central equipment pool and warehouse, and the receipt, storage, inventory and distribution of all kind of items in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- The Warehouse and Logistic Contractor principal duties or services requested are:
- Data handling and administration in CNAFS (Centralised NATO Automated Financial System) as Receiving Clerk.
- Record goods receiving, property recording, and property assignment in NATO Depot Supply System (NDSS).
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Deliver or route materials, using work devices, such as hand-trucks, fork-lift trucks, conveyors, or sorting bins.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labelling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage.
- Assist in property accounting of JFTC property by creating and maintaining accountable records using NATO Depot Support System (NDSS) or similar commercial database application.
- Support in property accounting (e.g. during physical inventories).
- Manage transportation services when necessary.
- Take part in any handover/takeover of NATO-owned items.
- Take part in any work-related training, directed by the COTR.
- Basic knowledge of logistic processes combined with at least 1 year of experience in management of logistic chain and warehouse procedures.
- Experience in operating data-based accounting or depot/warehousing automated systems.
- Experience in operating work devices, such as cars, hand-trucks, conveyors, or sorting bins.
- Minimum secondary degree
- Driving License for operating electro or combustion close distance work devices.
- Experience with Word processing, Spreadsheet, E-mail clients/Web browsers
- Very good command of English.
- Excellent command of Polish
Sounds good? Apply today!
More jobs like this
- £150,000 Plus Contract NATO Administration / Secretarial jobs in Poland
- £150,000 Plus Contract NATO Information Technology jobs in Poland
- £150,000 Plus Contract NATO Logistics jobs in Poland
- £150,000 Plus Contract NATO Management / Executive jobs in Poland
- £150,000 Plus Contract NATO Procurement jobs in Poland