My client a leading Engineering Services company based in Rosyth are urgently seeking an experienced Structural Designer to join their team for a minimum of 6 weeks. This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week.
Responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to as well as supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
* Preparation/production of drawings in support of detail design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Preparation/production of fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
* Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
* Produce and update 'as built' drawings and documentation.
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
* Assist in the production of designer estimates relating to marine system discipline.
* Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
* Knowledge of Offshore/Onshore Structural detail design and manufacturing outputs requirements.
* Knowledge of design into manufacturing requirements allowing for efficient manufacture.
* BE able to work independently and as part of a coordinated team to produce outputs of a high (right first time) standard.
* Be proficient in; Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
* The post holder is required to hold an ONC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
Please apply accordingly for immediate consideration or call Nikita on 0117 9309 724