SQL DBA - Exciting project based in London - excellent package
Unisys is a global information technology company that specializes in providing industry-focused solutions integrated with leading-edge security to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets.
Our offerings include security solutions, advanced data analytics, cloud and infrastructure services, application services and application and server software.
Unisys are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to work as part of an onsite delivery team of 15-20 staff for a central London based Public Sector client.
Role & Objectives
Based on the client site, this role is part of an Application Management Support Team who will be responsible for end to end maintenance of the application at client site. This role will have specific responsibilities as follows:
- Work under the direction of the Service Delivery Manager
- DBA support for all components of the solution
- Assist in the deployment of full releases and patch releases to the Pre-Production and Production Environments
- Perform routine scheduled DBA maintenance tasks
- Create and maintain application monitoring
- Create and maintain local work instructions associated with the role you will be performing
- Provide On-call DBA support outside of the normal working hours (8am – 6pm)
- Liaise with the customer’s first line support team to ensure information sharing takes place.
- Provide support to the clients technical and business teams
- Conduct infrastructure requirement reviews and create design artefacts
- Conduct Data Migrations from legacy systems.
- Maintain a CM library of all changes being applied on the system
- Performance tuning of the application and the migration routines.
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services or similar technologies, and be able to write, debug and troubleshoot scripts
- Experience of supporting Pre-Production and Production Environments, possibly as a DBA
- Experience of working in secure IT environments
- Experience of using IDOL, JBoss, Esri
- Experience of troubleshooting performance issues
- Experience of being part of an AMS Team that provides a level 2 support role
- Experience of creating and maintaining local work instructions and local practices
- ITIL Foundation level certification
- Experience of Windows 2008 Operating System, Networking, SQL Server 2012
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience in the IT industry
- Understanding and implementation of industry best practice
- Strives for Service Excellence
- Has the ability to work under pressure
- Clear critical and analytical approach to troubleshooting of issues
- Excellent communication and planning skills
Candidates must be hold MPS DV clearance
At UNISYS, you will be surrounded by motivated colleagues who are looking forward to work together with you. Please send us your detailed CV, copies of your degree, certifications, references, possible start date, salary expectation and kindly refer to the Job-ID and title in the subject line of your email.
We are looking forward to your application!
Apply for SQL DBA - Exciting project based in London - excellent package
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly