IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer- Manchester or Huddersfield, your choice!
About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company in UK, Channel Islands and mainland Europe. We are looking for an IT Security Engineer with an infrastructure security/server support background who truly wants to make an impact on our organisation. As well as someone that is willing to travel (incl. Europe), stay away from home, usually for no more than one or two nights and work flexible hours, on occasion.
About Capita | Asset Services
Our business, Shareholder solutions, is part of a wider division called Capita Asset Services, which is a division of Capita plc, a FTSE 50 company and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support solutions.
The name for our division, Capita Asset Services, was chosen because it most closely describes what all the different businesses do - we service assets and help our clients manage, protect and grow their businesses.
What you will do:
- Management of IT security infrastructure
- Ensuring the security toolset is configured in an optimal manner, managing regular and ad-hoc updates applied in line with business policy
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT security toolset
- Play a lead role in the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Proactive identification, investigation and remediation of IT security risks and vulnerabilities
- Collaboration with project teams and system engineers ensuring security is delivered as a key deliverable of any design work
- Evaluating and advising on new and potentially beneficial security tools and technologies
Your experience will include:
- LANDesk Management Suite
- OS Provisioning and Deployment
- Patch Management
- Virus Scan Enterprise
- Site Advisor
- McAfee Full Disk Encryption / Device Control
- Industry standards awareness: ISO 27001 and ITIL
- Hands-on exposure to security technologies, including but not limited to: AV, DLP, device control and disk encryption
- Endpoint Security
- Advanced Intrusion Detection
- Communicate with stakeholders of all levels (Security analysts to IT Directors)
- Self-learn when required, access to an online training portal will be provided
- Planning and Organisation
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective written and verbal communication (to develop and communicate requirements and recommendations to management and peers)
- Working on initiative and without supervision
- Collaboration (effective team player)
- Tenable Security Centre
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
- FortiGate Firewalls
- Firewall Assurance
- Email Security
- Web Security
- Mobile Device Management
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.