About the roles
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Manchester. We have a wide range of vacancies at various levels in our rapidly growing Software Development Team who are responsible for designing, developing and maintaining mission critical applications and systems. We operate a Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Document designs and advise on product support material
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards
- Support Estimation activities
- Involvement in the technical planning and management of projects
For Senior Software Engineers, additional key responsibilities:
- Be a key interface to external customers and suppliers
- Lead scrum\team meetings
- Responsible for reviewing team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance
- Act as lead engineer for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes.
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings
Essential Skills (two or more of the following)
- Java application development
- C# based application development
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
On-going development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits...
- Annual bonus + for this division an additional bonus for maintaining the highest level of government clearance
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10%)
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits such as; buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Early finish on a Friday (37 hour week)
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Due to the nature of Raytheon's commercial government client base, successful candidates will be expected to achieve the appropriate level of clearance specific to their employment.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security DV Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Salford
- Defence DV Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Salford
- Engineering DV Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Salford
- Information Technology DV Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Salford
- Security DV Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Salford