Head of Commissioning
Head of Commissioning - Plymouth
An FTSE 100 Defence Organisation is currently looking for a Head of Commissioning within the Submarine Support Directorate with appropriate qualifications and experience to be based at Devonport in Plymouth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced professional engineer, responsible for delivering the required commissioning services to support the submarine fleet in Devonport.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To lead the Commissioning Group
- To provide the necessary assurances that the testing of submarine and warship systems has been adequately conducted and that all acceptance criteria have been met
- To ensure the operation of plant and processes under his control are conducted safely and in accordance with the Site Licence Conditions
- To develop the organisational capability of the Commissioning Group to ensure that there is sufficient capability and capacity to meet increasing submarine and warship programme demands in the future
- To ensure the correct professional standards, statutory compliance and best practice are maintained across the Commissioning Group.
- To control and regulate the Commissioning Group budget and expenditure within the limits prescribed by the Corporate Plan.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Submarine Operations / Commissioning / Upkeep within a nuclear regulated environment
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 775